Monday, August 2, 2010

Holy $h!t

I few minutes ago, I posted this on Facebook.

Sometimes I forget that, at 32, I am no longer in danger of getting in trouble.

And then I sat there and stared at what I had just written.  32?!  Are you kidding me?

How did I get here?  When did I get here?


I thought I would feel different from this.  I thought I would be different from this.

It's strange to me that age alone dictates adulthood.  I think perhaps we should have to earn it, like take a test or something.  Or like in GAs when I was a kid, where you have to memorize certain Bible verses and do certain activities and maybe sing a song or something to get your next badge.

The only thing I have done to deserve adulthood is that I kept waking up every day and suddenly I was older.  (Notice I said "day" and not "morning" because sometimes it isn't still morning.)

But then I find things like this and this and this, and then I feel a little better, like maybe I'm not the only one.

Note:  I found both of these entries while surfing the internet to avoid doing adult things that are weighing on me.  Strange that the slacking off led to making me feel better.  Justified?  Let's say yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment